Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro? or??

I realize that this may seem like a silly question...so be it. I'm trying to
create a macro that will perform the following keystrokes; "F2" or edit,
"Home" and "Delete". What is the best way to do this?

Thank you,

--
David W. Heiman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob,

I tried that several times and it did not record the key strokes. It merely
moved what was in the first cell to the sub-sequent cells.
--
David W. Heiman

"Bob I" wrote:

Yes, record a Macro

IConsultIT wrote:
I realize that this may seem like a silly question...so be it. I'm trying to
create a macro that will perform the following keystrokes; "F2" or edit,
"Home" and "Delete". What is the best way to do this?

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Apparently as soon as I hit "F2" it pauses the recording and does not record
the "F2""Home""Delete" sequence.
--
David W. Heiman

"IConsultIT" wrote:

Bob,

I tried that several times and it did not record the key strokes. It merely
moved what was in the first cell to the sub-sequent cells.
--
David W. Heiman

"Bob I" wrote:

Yes, record a Macro

IConsultIT wrote:
I realize that this may seem like a silly question...so be it. I'm trying to
create a macro that will perform the following keystrokes; "F2" or edit,
"Home" and "Delete". What is the best way to do this?

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi David

That is not the way Excel macros work. Compare

Click cell A1
Click the 1 key on the keyboard
Click the 2 key on the keyboard
Click the Enter key on the keyboard

Range("A1").Value = 12

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"IConsultIT" wrote in message
I realize that this may seem like a silly question...so be it. I'm trying
create a macro that will perform the following keystrokes; "F2" or edit,
"Home" and "Delete". What is the best way to do this?

Thank you,

--
David W. Heiman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Based on what you appear to expect to happen, use this

Sub Macro1()
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 =
Right(ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1,Len(ActiveCell.Formul aR1C1) - 1)
End Sub

Watch the wrap, there only 1 statement line.