Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula help

Please help me with a formula that does the following:

If the difference between the dates in column A and column B is greater than
30 days, then the fields in column C should be highlighted in yellow.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format|Conditional Formatting
Change drop down to Formula is:
In C2: =ABS(B2-A2)30
choose your formatting.
--
** John C **
Please remember if your question is answered, to mark it answered :). It

"Candace" wrote:

Please help me with a formula that does the following:

If the difference between the dates in column A and column B is greater than
30 days, then the fields in column C should be highlighted in yellow.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You didn't say which was the later date so this assumes column B

Select c1 then
Format|Conditional format
Formula is
=B1-A130
Pick your colour
OK

Use the format painter to copy this down column C as required
Mike

"Candace" wrote:

Please help me with a formula that does the following:

If the difference between the dates in column A and column B is greater than
30 days, then the fields in column C should be highlighted in yellow.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your assumptions are correct. However, would it be possible to highlight the
field itself, instead of changing the color of the text in the field? In most
cases there we be no text in column C yet. This spreadsheet is supposed to
alert a user to enter something in column C if the difference between column