R S via OfficeKB.com

Default saving dates\invoice numbers

Hi, I don't know how to to get excel to open\save an invoice from which the
date it was writen? eg. I have a date formula on a invoice template I
downloaded and modified, if I save it on the date it was writen and open it
again sometime later, it shows the present date. Also I would like to know
how to insert invoice numbers automatically one after the other? eg. 00001
and then the next invoice I issue 00002 and so on. I would like the date to
be the present date however when I start a new invoice. Thanks ever so much.

Otto Moehrbach

You would need an event macro to increment the invoice number. The event to
use is your choice. File opening? Invoice printing? Something else?
The same macro can insert the current date in a cell such that the date will
not be volatile.
Post back and tell us what you want to use as the event to trigger the
invoice number incrementing. HTH Otto