Brad

Default Effective yield rate - non-level premium flow

How can I build a function that will calculate an effective yield rate given
that an individual can put in a lump sum at issue, have a different premium
contribution between year 1 and renewal year?
Niek Otten

Look at the XIRR() function. Look in HELP for details.
XIRR() is part of Analysis Toolpak. If the function is not available;
ToolsOptionsAdd ins, check Analysis Toolpak

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Brad" wrote in message
How can I build a function that will calculate an effective yield rate
given
that an individual can put in a lump sum at issue, have a different
premium
contribution between year 1 and renewal year?

Brad

I've looked at the XIRR() command. The problem with this is that I don't
have a negative beginning balance - I'm simply accumulating a single premium
and an annuity using the same interest year per year, however the interest
rate can be different each year - and trying to show a year-end effective
yield rate.