Corky

Default disk full problem on a server

i am a virtual user in CT. my office/network is in Atlanta. we use a VPN to
get into our network. i have cable modem access. one of the servers is
something called a "Celerra" (whatever that is) whereupon i gain access to a
shared file in Excel. I have Version 11.6355.6408 SP1. i have Office 2003 and
Windows 2000 Professional.

i keep getting 'disk full' messages when trying to do updates to that shared
file. the server has 29 GIG free. my workaround is to save the file to my
local harddrive then copy it back into the server. my desktop folks and
network services folks don't seem to have a clue to solving this issue.
anybody heard of this issue before??
swatsp0p

The only time I've run into this issue was when I had exceeded the space
allotted to my UserID. Have the IT group check your settings and see if they
have a restriction on how much disk space you are allowed to 'own'

Good luck,

Bruce

"Corky" wrote:

i am a virtual user in CT. my office/network is in Atlanta. we use a VPN to
get into our network. i have cable modem access. one of the servers is
something called a "Celerra" (whatever that is) whereupon i gain access to a
shared file in Excel. I have Version 11.6355.6408 SP1. i have Office 2003 and
Windows 2000 Professional.

i keep getting 'disk full' messages when trying to do updates to that shared
file. the server has 29 GIG free. my workaround is to save the file to my
local harddrive then copy it back into the server. my desktop folks and
network services folks don't seem to have a clue to solving this issue.
anybody heard of this issue before??

Corky

thank you bruce. that MIGHT be the answer but doubtful. i neglected to say in
my first post that this issue does not occur ALL the time. it is infrequent.
maybe 2 times a week when i do updates to that file about 30 times a week.
but i'll meail them tomorrow.

thx