Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Four columns excel showing dates fifth shows most recent

Hi All,

I have created a spreadsheet for tracking my attempts to get a new job. In
it are columns for actions such as email and phone calls, and a final column
for the most recent action date. The idea is that this last column acts as a
trigger for me not to let any application go without attention for too long.

Is there any way I can make this last column show the most recent date from
the other ones?

Thanks,
P.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=MAX(daterange)
Format cell as date. It can even cover cells with other text data, as MAX
treats it as a 0. However, if there is a number above the date (dates are
stored as number of days since 1/1/1900 or 1904), such as "40000" for the
number of times you have called on a job, then it will pick that up.

Good Luck.
--
** John C **