Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot tables missing fields from defined table

I have added a new column to a table and updated the table to include this
column. When I then go to create the pivot table this new column does not
appear in the fields to be selected

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1) Click on your pivot table to activate it, you'll see the blue outline
around it.
2) Click the "!" on the pivot table toolbar.
3) click Pivot table dropdown button on the toolbar and choose wizard.
4) Now you can redefine the layout and source range (click "back" to
redefine source range if necessary".

"Emma" wrote:

I have added a new column to a table and updated the table to include this
column. When I then go to create the pivot table this new column does not
appear in the fields to be selected

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi dfunk

I couldn't find the "!", but this might be due to the fact I am running on
excel 2007 ... but I actually found that I needed to "refresh" the data and
then it worked

thanks for getting back to me so quickly