Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Freeze filename and path in cell

I can get the filenames and paths to show in cells, but I want the filename
and path as proof that a certain spreadsheet was used from a specific
location. All the codes that I have tried change the path as soon as the
spreadsheet is saved to reflect the new location. I need it to stay as a
snapshot of where it was originally, regardless of where it is saved.

Is this possible?

Thanks to anybody who can help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unfortunately, this is a protected spreadsheet and while I personally could
do this as I have the password, the people who are using it as a template can
not. The spreadsheet/template is saved online and protected, the users
"save" the spreadsheet on their computer and we need to be able to prove that
the spreadsheet originated from the online template. We need a code of some
sort which won't change when saved or saved as. You have given me an idea IF
there is no other way to do this, though.