Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Save Today() in cell

I want to automatically save the current date in cell A1. After saving the
sheet I will then copy the current sheet for tomorrows activity. I would
like the new current date to be automatically saved in the new sheet when
opened the next day. Basically have current date never change once it is
automatically updated in sheet. Any quick fix? Thanks..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

=TODAY()
is a a volatile function which will re-calculate whenever the sheet is
refreshed.
Either copy the cellPast SpecialValues to "fix" the date
Or
use Control+; (Control+semicolon) to enter Today's date into a cell in a
non-volatile manner.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"3Nails" wrote in message
I want to automatically save the current date in cell A1. After saving
the
sheet I will then copy the current sheet for tomorrows activity. I would
like the new current date to be automatically saved in the new sheet when
opened the next day. Basically have current date never change once it is
automatically updated in sheet. Any quick fix? Thanks..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

1. You could enter the date manually with Ctrl ; (control + semi-colon)
That enters the current data as a static number.
2. Otherwise you will need to use VBA because there is no way of making
TODAY() both static and dynamic at the same time.
3. Or After you copy the sheet you can manually go to the original sheet
(the old today) and copy Paste Special, Values.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire