detlghtpd

Default EXCEL FORMULA PROBLEM

I CAN NOT GET A FORMULA TO WORK CONSISTANTLY

=VLOOKUP(B7,Q:R,2,FALSE)

I AM LOOKING TO HAVE THREE COLUMNS OF SCORES R-S-T A LIST OF TITLES IN
COLUMN Q, AND THREE SEPERATE LISTS OF ITEMS AND SCORES IN COLUMNS
B,C,D,E,F,G, IF YOU CAN HELP I CAN E-MAIL A COPY OF MY DOCUMENT FOR
CLARIFICATION

THANKS

David McRitchie

Please do not type in capitals it is hard to read. The best explanation
of why it is hard to read is that we look at pattern of the letters rather
than reading individual characters. Capital letters are also used for
shouting, which of course would be rude, which is ineffective when
asking a question.

I think you have to put in a definite range for your table.
=VLOOKUP(B7,Q$2:R$400,2, False)

If you are looking for the exact value of cell B7, in column Q
you would be returning the value in the same row from Column R.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm

---
HTH,