Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel number entry

opened a spreadsheet today and when entering a number i get .xx, that is when
i enter 5 in a cell it shows as .05
Any suggestions on how to fix? thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools Options... Edit clear the fixed decimal checkbox
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200810

"redmond" wrote:

opened a spreadsheet today and when entering a number i get .xx, that is when
i enter 5 in a cell it shows as .05
Any suggestions on how to fix? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try,

Tools|Options|Edit
Un-check 'fixed decimal places'

Mike

"redmond" wrote:

opened a spreadsheet today and when entering a number i get .xx, that is when
i enter 5 in a cell it shows as .05
Any suggestions on how to fix? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
2003....
on the menu bar...Toolsoptionsedit tabuncheck fixed decimal places
2007...
i think....office buttonexcel optionsect.

regards
FSt1

"redmond" wrote:

opened a spreadsheet today and when entering a number i get .xx, that is when
i enter 5 in a cell it shows as .05
Any suggestions on how to fix? thanks

How do I stop repeat entry of a number in the same Excel column John Excel Worksheet Functions 7 May 5th 07 06:44 PM
How do I stop Excel from changing last digit in a number entry? elderly person New Users to Excel 1 April 26th 07 10:34 PM
number entry nieuws New Users to Excel 1 November 28th 06 10:04 AM
How do I start an Excel entry with then number 0? cajundoc Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 20th 05 08:23 PM
number entry tom donino Excel Worksheet Functions 1 December 24th 04 09:03 AM