Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to subtract one text column based on their text column MS xls.

How to subtract one text column based on their text column MS xls.

A B
Shop 18, 55 Princes Highway BEACONSFIELD VIC 3807 VIC 3807
26 Currajong Avenue SELBY VIC 3159 VIC 3159

I want to subtract column B from column A or vice-versa

Salahuddin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to subtract one text column based on their text column MS

Hello Sheeloo,

Actually I want C which is A-B

for example

Shop 18, 55 Princes Highway BEACONSFIELD VIC 3807 (A) - VIC 3807 (B)

In column (C) i want it as

Shop 18, 55 Princes Highway BEACONSFIELD

same for the folloing

26 Currajong Avenue SELBY VIC 3159 (A) - VIC 3159 (B) = 26 Currajong Avenue
SELBY (C)

Cheers
Salahddin

"Salahuddin" wrote:

How to subtract one text column based on their text column MS xls.

A B
Shop 18, 55 Princes Highway BEACONSFIELD VIC 3807 VIC 3807
26 Currajong Avenue SELBY VIC 3159 VIC 3159

I want to subtract column B from column A or vice-versa

Salahuddin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put this in C1 and copy down
=SUBSTITUTE(A1,B1,"")

If you want to remove is at the end then you can use
=LEFT(A1, LEN(A1)-LEN(B1))

Both will leave a blank at the end...