Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linking

I have four different charts in one particular Excel workbook. A new Excel
workbook is created everyday to reflect the days production (i.e. 10-23-08,
10-24-08, 10-25-08). Therefore, all of these Excel workbooks have 4 charts
that are used just for that day. I would like to create a PowerPoint slide
show or screeen saver slide show or any other kind of slide show that will
display each chart for aproximately 10 seconds each, because this particular
computer is directly connected to a big HDTV for employees to view. My
problem is that the Excel workbooks name changes everyday and the Excel
charts are updated every hour. The people that will be doing the updating
have extremely limited knowledge with computers and zero knowledge with
excel. How can I make PowerPoint slide show to make this happen?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I think you might get some useful suggestions from the PowerPoint newgroup
here at the MS site.

First thing that comes to mind on the Excel side is to build one slide show
from one file always using the same Excel file, let's say calling it
Today.xls. Each day, after the slide show is over, save it with the name of
that day 10-24-08.xls. Start each day by opening the Today.xls file and
changing the numbers.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire