Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Address Database

How do I set up an address database in excel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's kind of hard to say without knowing about the type of addresses you want
to keep up with. But I think a 'generic' answer will do.

Put each element of the address in a separate column. For example, an
address like
1234 Main Street
Hometown, MD 23456

Should be split apart into columns as
A B C
1234 Main Street Hometown MD
23456

Actually, I'd put labels in the first row to indicate what is in the column,
as:
A B C
STREET CITY STATE
POSTAL CODE
1234 Main Street Hometown MD
23456

You may want additional columns for a second "STREET" entry and may also
want another to indicate what country the address is in if the address list
is international.

With each element of the address in separate columns, it becomes easy to
group them by postal code or state or city or even country if you track the
country.