Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cannot find info entered when I use filter. HELP!

I'm entering information into a spreadsheet. I use the filter option to find
the rows that I need quickly, however when I search, some of the info is not
found. For example: I enter the last name smith in the column A. When I click
on the arrow at the top of the column to go to 'Smith', the name is not an
option in the drop down menu. Where did it go? But when I use the arrow and
search the spreadsheet, it's there. So confused.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How many names do you have in the list?

Autofilter dropdown will show only 1000 unique items in the list.

For workarounds see Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlautofilter02.html#Limits

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP