Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Update a Worksheet - how?

Hi
Using 2007
I have a worksheet containing names & addresses which is used as a
data source to create mailing labels in word

This worksheet is created by pasting info from another 14 sheets using
paste special paste link.

What would I need to do to have new entries added & deleted entries
removed from the worksheet containing names & addresses when a change
is made to any of the 14 worksheets?
--
Martin
©¿©¬
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

This might work.
1. Create links to unused rows in the other worksheets as many as you want
from each of the 14 supporting sheets.
2. On the summary page turn on Auto Filters. Data, Filter, Auto Filter.
3. Filter to exclude 0's in any column that will have data if the
supporting files have data.
4. When you add data to the supporting files then reapply the filters.
5. When deleting data from the supporting files your summary sheet will
show errors if you delete the rows, but if you just clear them the summary
sheet will display 0's, reapply the filter.
6. If the supporting files have blank rows when you are going to add data
to them add it to the blank (cleared) rows first.

Check to see if Word only sees the Visible cells, that is the one thing I
don't know, but mail merge also allows you to apply a filter so you can
remove row with 0's if there are any.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net" wrote:

Hi
Using 2007
I have a worksheet containing names & addresses which is used as a
data source to create mailing labels in word

This worksheet is created by pasting info from another 14 sheets using
paste special paste link.

What would I need to do to have new entries added & deleted entries
removed from the worksheet containing names & addresses when a change
is made to any of the 14 worksheets?
--
Martin
©¿©¬

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Shane
At a first attempt it appears rather rather ackward trying to remember
to apply filters. I'm only learning in many areas
It might be easier for me to create a new worksheet each time
However, I'll try your suggestions again
Maybe a 2nd, 3rd, or 6th try will get the little grey cells working
--
Regards
Martin