-   -   As soon as I protect my sheet, I can no longer insert comments... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/206908-soon-i-protect-my-sheet-i-can-no-longer-insert-comments.html)

Shelby

As soon as I protect my sheet, I can no longer insert comments...

As soon as I protect my sheet, I can no longer insert comments, even though
the cells are unlocked. I have allowed the user to format the cells when
protecting the sheet. Argh! It is essential that comments may be added with a
little red triangle in the cell to indicate that they are present. Any help
will be very gratefully received! :o)

ShaneDevenshire

As soon as I protect my sheet, I can no longer insert comments...

Hi,

Easy trick - When you choose Tools, Protection, Protect Sheet also check the
Edit Objects choice.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Shelby" wrote:

As soon as I protect my sheet, I can no longer insert comments, even though
the cells are unlocked. I have allowed the user to format the cells when
protecting the sheet. Argh! It is essential that comments may be added with a
little red triangle in the cell to indicate that they are present. Any help
will be very gratefully received! :o)

Shelby

As soon as I protect my sheet, I can no longer insert comments

Of course! I had interpreted that as allowing object such as other embedded
excel files to be edited which I don't want to happen. Brilliant! :0D