Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Microsoft Excel

Just explored the Date Validation for drop down menu's, it is very helpful.

Wondering if there is an option to add a calender similar to the drop down
menu, we use a spreadsheet to track jobs and enter dates all the time, would
be nice if a calender would be availible for those cells.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
this site might be helpful
http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

regards
FSt1

"Jeff" wrote:

Just explored the Date Validation for drop down menu's, it is very helpful.

Wondering if there is an option to add a calender similar to the drop down
menu, we use a spreadsheet to track jobs and enter dates all the time, would
be nice if a calender would be availible for those cells.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See Ron de Bruin's site for adding a Calendar Control to the worksheet.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:20:01 -0700, Jeff
wrote:

Just explored the Date Validation for drop down menu's, it is very helpful.

Wondering if there is an option to add a calender similar to the drop down
menu, we use a spreadsheet to track jobs and enter dates all the time, would
be nice if a calender would be availible for those cells.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

There is one built in to Office?. Here is how you add it to the screen:
1. Choose View, Toolbar, Control Toolbox.
2. Click the More controls button, the bottom button.
3. Scroll the list and select Calendar Control 11.0 or some such number.
4. Click in the spreadsheet. You will have a calender in the spreadsheet.
It can also be added to a user form.
5. you can add code to have it put the date the user picks into particular
cell(s)

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire