Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RAZ RAZ is offline

Default Copy Paste conditional formatting

hi,
I have conditional formating on cell T17
condition is if sum of B17 to S17 is greater than 0.5 then the cell T17
should turn red (or specified color). I am using this equation =Sum(T17:S17)
Condition is working fine on T17.

I need to copy the same conditional formatting to
T18, T20, T21, T23, T24, T26, T27 etc.

I tried copy and paste special but it wont copy conditional formatting. Is
there another way to copy paste?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Simply Copy the cell that contains the Conditional Formatting using the copy
button on the top toolbar, then select the other cells you wish to apply the
formatting to, then select the Paste Special on the top toolbar and choose to
copy "Formats" only in the list.

B.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wal wal is offline

Here's how to copy-paste conditional formatting ONLY:

Select a cell that has the conditional formatting set already. Open
the conditional formatting dialog. Under "Applies to", either type in
the cell addresses (as a range, e.g., $A$5:$G$5) to which you want the
conditional formatting to apply OR click on the red/blue icon and
select the range manually in the spreadsheet. Click OK.

The above works for Excel 2007. As I recall, it worked for 2003 as
well.

Hope this helps. (Don't you wish the Help files would tell you this?
Maybe they do somewhere, but if you type in a search term like "Paste
conditional formatting", you get 100 results none of which are on
point, or if they are, the title of the Help page doesn't clue you in
on which one to choose.)