Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drop Down Question

Hi,

I want to create a Drop Down menu in Excel.

After I create the Drop Down menu, and when I select a name from the drop
down menu, the name selected should populate or display the address
information of that name in the other columns i.e. 1 column for city, 1
country, 1 for postal code/zip, etc.

How do I go about doing that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use VLookup formulas to display the related data. There's an
example in an order form he

http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html

And instructions for VLookup formulas he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
I have an answer for this question.

Once you select the city from the drop down list - for say cell - A1, ensure
the info should capture another cell for say - C1.if you use an IF formula as
below.

=if(C1="London",Address Details,if(C1="New Yrok"),Address Details))

Please let me know if you are not clear with this.

Regards,