Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Update KB955466

Update KB955466 has been downloaded successfully on 15 October 2008 but fails
to install. What can I do to ensure that it protects my computer?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Installation instructions and requirements at link below

Jim in Cumbria wrote:

Update KB955466 has been downloaded successfully on 15 October 2008 but fails
to install. What can I do to ensure that it protects my computer?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I too cannot install KB955466 Error msg 1406 Setup cannot overwrite the
value to the registry key \software\Classes\.wmf\OpenWithList\ois.exe
I have admin abilitites. This patch needs to be fixed ...Microsoft..hmmmm
--
Rich

Jim in Cumbria wrote:

Update KB955466 has been downloaded successfully on 15 October 2008 but fails
to install. What can I do to ensure that it protects my computer?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hmmm, you have software installed protecting the registry perhaps?

Rich wrote:

I too cannot install KB955466 Error msg 1406 Setup cannot overwrite the
value to the registry key \software\Classes\.wmf\OpenWithList\ois.exe
I have admin abilitites. This patch needs to be fixed ...Microsoft..hmmmm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have thos problem and each time the update runs I have to re-install Excel.
How do I stop this time wasting loop?
I have checked the requirements and I have them all Ofice SP3.
I have turned off all virus and protection software.
Nothing works.
Jeff1510