Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sorting column of numbers

trying to sort a column of numbers. Ive made sure they are all numeric not
text but it still wont sort. Some of it sorts but it seems to restart midway
down the column and starts sorting again from lowest to highest. It's a
column of 5 didgit zip codes. Also I mearged (cut and paste) a couple
worksheets together. Not sure if this is causing the problem. I'm a real
novice so be gentle!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just to make sure...
Insert a Col
Copy the numbers from original col and do EDIT|PASTE SPECIAL|VALUE on the
news col... Then sort on the new Col

If you find that all are not numbers then enter 1 anywhere, copy it, Select
your original columns and do EDIT|PASTE SPECIAL|MULTIPLY

--
If you find this post helpful pl. choose "Yes"...