sara

Default frequency

How would I find the frequency between two values, my data is in cells
c1:c470 with some empty spaces and i want to find how many of the values fall
within 5-6, 6-7, 7-8, 8-9. 9-10. I tried to use the =frequency( ), but i cant
get it to work correctly.
Duke Carey

Some questions for you -

Do you have a range set up with the values
5
6
7
8
9
10

If not, that's what you need to do to start.

Second question - did you enter the formulas as an array - i.e, committing
it with Shift-Ctrl-Enter?

Let's assume your list as typed above is in the range A1:A6. Select cells
B1:B6 and enter

=FREQUENCY($C$1:$C4$70,$A$1:$A$6)

then press CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER

Should do it for you.

NOTE: If want the intervals to EXCLUDE the next higher number, make them
5
5.99999
6.99999
7.99999