Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Returning a certain row using vlookup

Good Morning,

I want to lookup for value in a spreedsheet and return a certain row value.

For example:
A B C
1 David Age 31
2 Address 31 Yew Tree Drive
3 Mobile Number 07800726762

So I want a formula that will look for David on Column A and return his
mobile phone number on column C.

I tried to use: Vlookup(A1,A:C,Index(A:C,3,3),0) but it is not working.

Can someone help me, please?

Best Regards,

Vanessa
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Assuming source data as posted in cols A to C from row1 down
and is in a repeating manner for subsequent names
Then if you have the name input in say, E1: David
In F1: =INDEX(C:C,MATCH(E1,$A:$A,0)+2,)
will return the mobile number for the input name
--
Max
Singapore
"Vanessa Simmonds" wrote:
I want to lookup for value in a spreedsheet and return a certain row value.
For example:
A B C
1 David Age 31
2 Address 31 Yew Tree Drive
3 Mobile Number 07800726762

So I want a formula that will look for David on Column A and return his
mobile phone number on column C.

I tried to use: Vlookup(A1,A:C,Index(A:C,3,3),0) but it is not working.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

may be ??

=INDEX(A:C,MATCH(A1,C:C,1)+1,3)