-   -   very odd problem - rows have disappeared. Not hidden, height is no (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/206094-very-odd-problem-rows-have-disappeared-not-hidden-height-no.html)

PBcorn

very odd problem - rows have disappeared. Not hidden, height is no

the first two rows of a workbook are not visible, so it appears to begin with
row 3. rows 1 and 2 can be referenced, but not actually viewed, eg. formula
=a1 returns the value in a1, but a1 and the entire row is not visible. I have
tried unhiding, does not work. Increasing the height of the invisible row
also fails to make it visible.

John C[_2_]

very odd problem - rows have disappeared. Not hidden, height is no

Perhaps someone did Windows--Freeze Panes with the worksheet slightly
scrolled down. Check and see if you can go to Windows--Unfreeze Panes.
--
John C

"PBcorn" wrote:

the first two rows of a workbook are not visible, so it appears to begin with
row 3. rows 1 and 2 can be referenced, but not actually viewed, eg. formula
=a1 returns the value in a1, but a1 and the entire row is not visible. I have
tried unhiding, does not work. Increasing the height of the invisible row
also fails to make it visible.

Dave Peterson

very odd problem - rows have disappeared. Not hidden, height is no

Maybe you have panes frozen.

In xl2003 menus:
Window|Unfreeze panes
and then scroll up.