Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find days in a Month

I want to know how many days are in a month.
In A1 I have a date ex. 3/3/08.
In B1 i want to give me total days in that month.

Is there a formula for that.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Jman" wrote:

I want to know how many days are in a month.
In A1 I have a date ex. 3/3/08.
In B1 i want to give me total days in that month.

Is there a formula for that.

nevermind i got it..

=DAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way

=DAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0))

format as general

Peo Sjoblom

"Jman" wrote in message
I want to know how many days are in a month.
In A1 I have a date ex. 3/3/08.
In B1 i want to give me total days in that month.

Is there a formula for that.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Take your pick:

=32-DAY(A1-DAY(A1)+32)

=DAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0))

This one requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed on Excel versions
prior to Excel 2007.

=DAY(EOMONTH(A9,0))

--
Biff