-   -   Find days in a Month (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/206055-find-days-month.html)

Jman

Find days in a Month

I want to know how many days are in a month.
In A1 I have a date ex. 3/3/08.
In B1 i want to give me total days in that month.

Is there a formula for that.

Jman

Find days in a Month

"Jman" wrote:

I want to know how many days are in a month.
In A1 I have a date ex. 3/3/08.
In B1 i want to give me total days in that month.

Is there a formula for that.

nevermind i got it..

=DAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0))

Peo Sjoblom

Find days in a Month

One way

=DAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0))

format as general

Peo Sjoblom

"Jman" wrote in message
I want to know how many days are in a month.
In A1 I have a date ex. 3/3/08.
In B1 i want to give me total days in that month.

Is there a formula for that.

T. Valko

Find days in a Month

Take your pick:

=32-DAY(A1-DAY(A1)+32)

=DAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0))

This one requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed on Excel versions
prior to Excel 2007.

=DAY(EOMONTH(A9,0))

--
Biff