Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 external data source extend table refresh

Hello,
I insert data from an external data source into a worksheet. I add some data
to the first column to the right of this table, with some manually entered
data. The table automatically extends to include the new column. When I click
on the refresh data button, all is well. Then I sort on one of the columns in
the table. Now any time I click on the refresh button, the column that was
not part of the original table, i.e. not part of the external data source,
gets scrambled randomly. The rows bounce around every time I click on the
refresh button. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or how I go about
getting the manually entered data to stay on the same row that it was entered
on?
--
Gary Niemi