Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Retrieving info from multiple tables

I have a worksheet with three Tables (Table1, Table2, and Table3), 10 rows by
5 Columns.

In cell A1, List: Table1, Table2 and Table3

In cell B1, List: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J (First Column in each table)

In cell B2, VLOOKUP(B1,A1,2) (Looking for the value in the 2nd Column
depending on which table I choose in cell A1) Repeat B3, B4, B5 Column
increase by 1 for VLOOKUP
Problem is VLOOKUP will not allow a cell such as A1, it wants one table name.

The Tables will be hidden

Respectfully,
Paul M.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc