Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default EXCEL - I can not drag a cell with text to another cell,

Just upgraded to Excel 2007. I have a cell with text only. I can not select
and move it to another cell. The cursor changes to a cross hair, then as I
move it the cell ID is displayed beside the cursor which changes to an arrow,
but when I release it, nothing happens. I also can not cut or copy - then
paste to another cell. I can pull the text to the other location with
up/down then left/right drags. I have check the options and drag and drop is
enabled.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Skip56" wrote:

Just upgraded to Excel 2007. I have a cell with text only.

Actually, cells with numbers can not be grabbed and moved either. Neither
as a cell or range of cells.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How are you dragging? It does not depend on whether the cell has numbers or
text?

Does this happen on all worksheets/workbooks? If it happens in only one then
it might be protected.