Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formula problem

I want to make a conditional formula with multiple variables, but I'm not
sure how (e.g. if B6<=5, display 1; if B65 but <=10, display 4; etc)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

this will work

=IF(B6<=5,1,IF(B6<=10,4,"Uknown"))

"Spencer O." wrote:

I want to make a conditional formula with multiple variables, but I'm not
sure how (e.g. if B6<=5, display 1; if B65 but <=10, display 4; etc)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What does the etc mean? You can have 3 conditions in
excel earlier to 2007. If you are using that then you would need code

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

Peo Sjoblom

"Spencer O." <Spencer wrote in message
I want to make a conditional formula with multiple variables, but I'm not
sure how (e.g. if B6<=5, display 1; if B65 but <=10, display 4; etc)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nevermind, I misread your question.

put all the value in a table staring from 0 and use
VLOOKUP unless you only have a couple in case you already received and
answer for.

hard coded

=VLOOKUP(B6,{0,1;5,4;10,7;15,10;20,13;25,17;30,20} ,2)

that is up to 30 using imaginary values

Peo Sjoblom