Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatic Deduction?

Is there any way for Excel 2008 to automatic subtract an amount from another
number each month?

Example

A1 has a monthly payment of $500
A2 has the whole cost of $5,000

Is there a way for A2 to automaticly deduct the amount in A1 from the total
amount in A2 and replace it with the new amount of $4,500. Then do the same
each month automaticly?

Trying to work on a Family Budget with Excel and I wanted to be able to have
an estimate of the reminder of each Fixed Bill.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter 500 in A1

Enter 5000 in A2

Enter =TODAY() in B1

Enter =IF(DAY(B1)<1,"",A2-MONTH(B1)*A1) in A3

Alternative...............

500 in A1

=TODAY() in B1

=IF(DAY(B1)<1,"",5000-MONTH(B1)*A1) in A2

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP