Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VB - non-interactive way of creating database from text file

Hi,

My last question was not phrased well so here it is again:

I have a text file I cannot import into DBASE / Paradox at 1 attempt. I
usually chop the text file up into smaller segments, import it, and then
append all the database tables into1 database table.Sometimes when it is
obvious the tables will total more than 2gig then 1 or 2 database fields
are deleted. MS Access can import text file in 1 attempt but even MS Access
has this 2gig limitation. Correct?

Questions:
Can VB be used to circumvent this segmentation approach?
If so how does one load a text file into a database file? - sample code
would do
Is DBASE / Paradox / MS Access acceptable or are there better databases to
use - especially when one reaches the 2gig cap?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are posting in an MS Excel news group.

Probably not the best NG to address problems with DBASE and text files.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP