Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Return highest number or a blank if 0

Hi all

I have three cells D2, E2 and F2 that may or may not have a number. I'd like
to have the highest number from these cells returned to C2. If D2, E2 and F2
are blank, I'd like a blank in C2.

Using MAX(D2:F2) returns a zero to C2 if these cells are empty.

Thanks in advance for any help

Toney

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

=IF(COUNT(D2:F2),MAX(D2:F2),"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Toney" wrote in message
Hi all

I have three cells D2, E2 and F2 that may or may not have a number. I'd
like
to have the highest number from these cells returned to C2. If D2, E2 and
F2
are blank, I'd like a blank in C2.

Using MAX(D2:F2) returns a zero to C2 if these cells are empty.

Thanks in advance for any help

Toney

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

John, Dave and T,

Thanks for the quick reply. All the suggested formulas appear to work
perfectly.

Thanks again

Toney

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another using an array formula that must be entered using ctrl+shift+enter
=MAX(IF(D2:f20,D2:f2))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel