Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula doesn't work unless hit enter again

Ok thanks again for your time and info

"Mike H" wrote:

It remembers the setting of the first workbook opened in that session so if
that was manual calc then they all will be until you change it back

"Whois Clinton" wrote:

That was exactly it. Any idea why that happened. I know I didn't
intentionally change that.

"Mike H" wrote:

Sounds like calculation has switched to manual.

Tools|Options|Calculation Tab.

Select automatic.

Mike

"Whois Clinton" wrote:

Hi,
I have the formula below to calculate percentage of gains. It has been
dragged through approximately 70 rows. It has been working fine automaticall
calculating as I enter the data in columns K,L,M. However, today as I
continue entering data the formula does not automatically calculate. i have
to click the cell, place the cursor in the formula bar and then press enter.
i change nothing in the formula, but simply bringing it into formula bar and
pressing enter the formula then works.

Is it a fluke? I have tried reopening it but the problem persists.

Thanks in advance,
Clint

=((M27-K27)*100)/K27