-   -   HELP!!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/205504-help.html)

Reen[_2_]

HELP!!!

While I appreciate all the links to sites that help I need an answer asap,
because I was left with someone elses work etc... anyway. I have an excel
spreadsheet with about 15 columns, I have to make a mail merge onto a form
letter I typed with 5 of those columns, they are not in order. I need name,
address, city, etc in the address block and name and site address after
..... Would it be faster if I just retyped into a database? There are about
100 name. Thank you.

Daniel.C

HELP!!!

Can you upload the form letter and the Excel database to
http://www.filedropper.com/ ( or any other site ) erase all sensitive data
and post the urls. Also, indicate your Offic version.

--
Regards.
Daniel
"Reen" (donotspam) a écrit dans le message de news:
While I appreciate all the links to sites that help I need an answer asap,
because I was left with someone elses work etc... anyway. I have an excel
spreadsheet with about 15 columns, I have to make a mail merge onto a form
letter I typed with 5 of those columns, they are not in order. I need
name,
address, city, etc in the address block and name and site address after

.... Would it be faster if I just retyped into a database? There are
about
100 name. Thank you.

Daniel.C

HELP!!!

Sorry, I assumed, your letter was a Word document. I suppose it's not the
case.
Daniel
"Reen" (donotspam) a écrit dans le message de news:
While I appreciate all the links to sites that help I need an answer asap,
because I was left with someone elses work etc... anyway. I have an excel
spreadsheet with about 15 columns, I have to make a mail merge onto a form
letter I typed with 5 of those columns, they are not in order. I need
name,
address, city, etc in the address block and name and site address after

.... Would it be faster if I just retyped into a database? There are
about
100 name. Thank you.

Reen[_2_]

HELP!!!

My letter is a word document and I have to merge it with certain columns in
the excel spreadsheet eg. name, street address, etc.

"Daniel.C" wrote:

Sorry, I assumed, your letter was a Word document. I suppose it's not the
case.
Daniel
"Reen" (donotspam) a écrit dans le message de news:
While I appreciate all the links to sites that help I need an answer asap,
because I was left with someone elses work etc... anyway. I have an excel
spreadsheet with about 15 columns, I have to make a mail merge onto a form
letter I typed with 5 of those columns, they are not in order. I need
name,
address, city, etc in the address block and name and site address after

.... Would it be faster if I just retyped into a database? There are
about
100 name. Thank you.

Daniel.C

HELP!!!

Well, then You can use the Word mailmerge functionnality. Your Excel table
must have headings on top of each column, that's the only requirement. If
you are unfamiliar with it, and are in a hurry, send the files to my private
mailbox :

"Daniel.C" wrote:

Sorry, I assumed, your letter was a Word document. I suppose it's not the
case.
Daniel
"Reen" (donotspam) a écrit dans le message de news:
While I appreciate all the links to sites that help I need an answer
asap,
because I was left with someone elses work etc... anyway. I have an
excel
spreadsheet with about 15 columns, I have to make a mail merge onto a
form
letter I typed with 5 of those columns, they are not in order. I need
name,
address, city, etc in the address block and name and site address after

.... Would it be faster if I just retyped into a database? There are
about
100 name. Thank you.

Bob I

HELP!!!

I suggest you open the Word document, and then run the mail merge
wizard. It takes you step by step through what you intend to do.

"Daniel.C" wrote:

Sorry, I assumed, your letter was a Word document. I suppose it's not the
case.
Daniel
"Reen" (donotspam) a écrit dans le message de news:

While I appreciate all the links to sites that help I need an answer asap,
because I was left with someone elses work etc... anyway. I have an excel
spreadsheet with about 15 columns, I have to make a mail merge onto a form
letter I typed with 5 of those columns, they are not in order. I need
name,
address, city, etc in the address block and name and site address after

.... Would it be faster if I just retyped into a database? There are
about
100 name. Thank you.

Gord Dibben

HELP!!!

Select the columns to use in your Word mailmerge.

InsertNameDefine.

Word will use that named range.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP