Sol42

Default My sheets keep growing larger full width and length How do I cont.

My work sheets keep growing larger even though nothing is entered into the
cells.
How can I maintain the work area I want with an error making my workbook
grow from several hundred Kbytes to several Mega bytes. Very time consuming
for saves over the internet.
Is there a way I can reduce the sheets back down to the work area I need.
David McRitchie

Use the macro at
Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50?

If that does not work you will have to provide information on what you
mean by "the work area I need".i

---
HTH,

"Sol42" wrote in message ...
My work sheets keep growing larger even though nothing is entered into the
cells.
How can I maintain the work area I want with an error making my workbook
grow from several hundred Kbytes to several Mega bytes. Very time consuming
for saves over the internet.
Is there a way I can reduce the sheets back down to the work area I need.

Sol42

I am using a multiple sheet shared workbook
with a work area from A1 to AH 64
I and uthors are continuallyupdateing the sheet
every so often the scroll bars become very small and scroll right out to
Cell IV and down as far as Row 65536.
This makes my workbook to large to e-mail to some people
I am always having to reformat cells as well due to copying and pasting from
other spread sheets

"Sol42" wrote in message ...
My work sheets keep growing larger even though nothing is entered into the
cells.
How can I maintain the work area I want with an error making my workbook
grow from several hundred Kbytes to several Mega bytes. Very time consuming
for saves over the internet.
Is there a way I can reduce the sheets back down to the work area I need.

David McRitchie

Hi Sol,
Then the macro on Debra's site at contextures.com should have
fixed the problem, you have to save the file.

Check a page with Ctrl+H afterwards if it is outside that area
then you have spaces or formulas in cells. If you really want to
limit to A1:AH64 and I think you would be taking a chance you
can use a macro like at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...m#makelastcell

Generally these extra rows are caused by inserting rows and making
for a larger used range, but after deleting rows, Excel is not changing
the used range. Additional additions will push the used range out
further, even if just done in the first few rows.

The other possibility is use of macros or even addins that are processing
every cell even if outside the usedrange and putting something there.
If you have macros that are taking a long time after cleaning things up
check into them to see if they are the cause.
---
HTH,