Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Grand total sum of formula

I had created a formula of (column 1) * (column 2) and the results are
correct. The problem that I am having is that the grand total does not sum
the results. The grand total takes the (sum of colum 1 * the sum of column 2)

Is there a way to sum the formula total in the pivot table?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dan,

I'm not sure I understand this but maybe your using something like

=SUM(A1:A40)*SUM(B1:B40)

and what you should be using is

=SUMPRODUCT(A1:A40*B1:B40)

Mike

"Dan K" wrote:

I had created a formula of (column 1) * (column 2) and the results are
correct. The problem that I am having is that the grand total does not sum
the results. The grand total takes the (sum of colum 1 * the sum of column 2)

Is there a way to sum the formula total in the pivot table?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming your data is in A2:A10 and B2:B10...

Grand Total would be equal to:
=SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$10)*($B$2:$B$10))

Hope this helps.
--
John C

"Dan K" wrote:

I had created a formula of (column 1) * (column 2) and the results are
correct. The problem that I am having is that the grand total does not sum
the results. The grand total takes the (sum of colum 1 * the sum of column 2)

Is there a way to sum the formula total in the pivot table?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Currently the Pivot table is doing that and I do not wat that

example:

item Qty Price Formula
x 10 5 50.00
y 5 10 50.00
z 1 50 50.00
GrdT 16 65 1040.00 <-- Currently shown in pivot table
GrdT 16 65 150.00 <-- This is what I want

Hope that helps

"Dan K" wrote:

I had created a formula of (column 1) * (column 2) and the results are
correct. The problem that I am having is that the grand total does not sum
the results. The grand total takes the (sum of colum 1 * the sum of column 2)

Is there a way to sum the formula total in the pivot table?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Dan K" wrote:
I had created a formula of (column 1) * (column 2) and the results are
correct. The problem that I am having is that the grand total does not sum
the results. The grand total takes the (sum of colum 1 * the sum of column 2)

Is there a way to sum the formula total in the pivot table?- Hide quoted text -

Just add a sum on the C column that will always show the grand total
of all lines.
The total unit price is not accurate because you are selling different
products with different prices so I don’t see how this would apply?
I mean if you go the the supermarket and you buy 32 different products
with different prices there is not going to be a total unit price.

FG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Dan K" wrote:
I had created a formula of (column 1) * (column 2) and the results are
correct. The problem that I am having is that the grand total does not sum
the results. The grand total takes the (sum of colum 1 * the sum of column 2)

Is there a way to sum the formula total in the pivot table?- Hide quoted text -

Just add a sum on the C column that will always show the grand total
of all lines.
The total unit price is not accurate because you are selling different
products with different prices so I don’t see how this would apply?
I mean if you go the the supermarket and you buy 32 different products
with different prices there is not going to be a total unit price.

FG- Hide quoted text -

I meant D column instead of C sorry.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The problem is that this is a Pivot table and the size changes daily.

"Dan K" wrote:
I had created a formula of (column 1) * (column 2) and the results are
correct. The problem that I am having is that the grand total does not sum
the results. The grand total takes the (sum of colum 1 * the sum of column 2)

Is there a way to sum the formula total in the pivot table?- Hide quoted text -

Just add a sum on the C column that will always show the grand total
of all lines.
The total unit price is not accurate because you are selling different
products with different prices so I dont see how this would apply?
I mean if you go the the supermarket and you buy 32 different products
with different prices there is not going to be a total unit price.

FG

Duplicate Running Total Grand Total In Pivot Table Mathew P Bennett[_2_] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 August 17th 08 03:13 AM
Formula for elapsed time + grand total Leland7 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 8 August 8th 07 11:14 PM
Excel 2002 : Any single button to get sub total and grand total ? Mr. Low Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 May 22nd 07 08:46 AM
Old Lotus Sub Total & Grand Total formula Kylie Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 9th 06 12:24 PM
Custom formula to show each item as percentage of grand total? RoryMacLeod Charts and Charting in Excel 3 February 19th 05 05:21 AM