-   -   Web Query in Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/205358-web-query-excel-2007-a.html)

dhstein

Web Query in Excel 2007

I can't find a good reference on how to import data from the web into Excel
2007. I want to learn the general approach, but as a learning tool I'll
start with a stock portfolio in Google. Any suggestions would be
appreciated. Thanks.

David

Don Guillett

Web Query in Excel 2007

The easiest way to do this is to goto the google portfolio areaplace your
cursor in the field (try between col 1 and col 2 of the portfolio)right
clickexport to excel Go from there with a macro to do as desired.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"dhstein" wrote in message
I can't find a good reference on how to import data from the web into Excel
2007. I want to learn the general approach, but as a learning tool I'll
start with a stock portfolio in Google. Any suggestions would be
appreciated. Thanks.

David

dhstein

Web Query in Excel 2007

Thanks Don. That did the trick.

"dhstein" wrote in message
I can't find a good reference on how to import data from the web into Excel
2007. I want to learn the general approach, but as a learning tool I'll
start with a stock portfolio in Google. Any suggestions would be
appreciated. Thanks.

David

Don Guillett

Web Query in Excel 2007