Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel cells randomly don't get updated

Hello Everyone

We are having a random problem where Workbook Cells don't get updated unless
the user goes into the cell and presses enter in each cell. F9 does not work
when the problem occurs. Most of the time everything works perfectly but just
at random times it hiccups. The smallest workbook is around 20 Megabytes in
size and it contains a numerous amount of sheets that are tied to each other
with forumlas and a total sheet in the begining that gets the numbers from
previous sheets up to 4 levels deep. We usually see this problem in the Total
Sheet and when a deeper level sheet gets changed. This occurs across several
different machines. We also tested this with Excel 2007 on our most powerful
PC and saw the same problem. Some of the machines are dual cores with 2 gigs
of ram. This has happened with different workbooks, both locally and on the
network. There are no Macros no errors. We even had support check our
workbooks and everything looks sound and within Excel's capabilities. They
also confirmend that all of our settings are correct. The machines are all
running Windows XP SP3, Office 2003, McAfee 8.5, Groupwise 7.0.2 to 7.0.3
(With integration turned off), Adobe Reader. Does anyone have any ideas? Any
help is really appreciated. I tried CTRL +SHIFT +ALT +F9, That did not work.

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check this list:

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0024.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Lost in Excel" wrote in message
| Hello Everyone
|

| We are having a random problem where Workbook Cells don't get updated unless
| the user goes into the cell and presses enter in each cell. F9 does not work
| when the problem occurs. Most of the time everything works perfectly but just
| at random times it hiccups. The smallest workbook is around 20 Megabytes in
| size and it contains a numerous amount of sheets that are tied to each other
| with forumlas and a total sheet in the begining that gets the numbers from
| previous sheets up to 4 levels deep. We usually see this problem in the Total
| Sheet and when a deeper level sheet gets changed. This occurs across several
| different machines. We also tested this with Excel 2007 on our most powerful
| PC and saw the same problem. Some of the machines are dual cores with 2 gigs
| of ram. This has happened with different workbooks, both locally and on the
| network. There are no Macros no errors. We even had support check our
| workbooks and everything looks sound and within Excel's capabilities. They
| also confirmend that all of our settings are correct. The machines are all
| running Windows XP SP3, Office 2003, McAfee 8.5, Groupwise 7.0.2 to 7.0.3
| (With integration turned off), Adobe Reader. Does anyone have any ideas? Any
| help is really appreciated. I tried CTRL +SHIFT +ALT +F9, That did not work.
|

| Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Niek

Thank you Niek. I took a look at that page and we have tried each one of
those. When the problem occured caclulations were not set to Automatic, there
are no UDFs, Cells are not formated as text. equal sign only updated the
current cells infromation CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + F9 didn't work either. Any
ideas or a push to the right directions is really appreiciated.

Thank you,

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Check this list:

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0024.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Lost in Excel" wrote in message
| Hello Everyone
|

| We are having a random problem where Workbook Cells don't get updated unless
| the user goes into the cell and presses enter in each cell. F9 does not work
| when the problem occurs. Most of the time everything works perfectly but just
| at random times it hiccups. The smallest workbook is around 20 Megabytes in
| size and it contains a numerous amount of sheets that are tied to each other
| with forumlas and a total sheet in the begining that gets the numbers from
| previous sheets up to 4 levels deep. We usually see this problem in the Total
| Sheet and when a deeper level sheet gets changed. This occurs across several
| different machines. We also tested this with Excel 2007 on our most powerful
| PC and saw the same problem. Some of the machines are dual cores with 2 gigs
| of ram. This has happened with different workbooks, both locally and on the
| network. There are no Macros no errors. We even had support check our
| workbooks and everything looks sound and within Excel's capabilities. They
| also confirmend that all of our settings are correct. The machines are all
| running Windows XP SP3, Office 2003, McAfee 8.5, Groupwise 7.0.2 to 7.0.3
| (With integration turned off), Adobe Reader. Does anyone have any ideas? Any
| help is really appreciated. I tried CTRL +SHIFT +ALT +F9, That did not work.
|

| Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Niek

Thank you for your help. It turns out that the user did not actually try CTR
ALT SHIFT F9. That worked. From your site it looks like it is tree links
getting broken. Do you know how we can avoid or minimize this from happening?
Thank you for your help.