Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Counting up or down in Excel (mail merge simulation)

I need to be able to set a a worksheet up that will display and then print
student records, like you would in a mail merge, but using conditional
formatting in excel. Or is there a way of using conditional formatting in
word
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nick

Not sure what you're after but have you tried autofiltering to show just the
records to print?

Or have you tried using Word for printing and Excel as the source?

You could then use a query to pull the records to print as labels or in a
mailmerge.

I suppose you could use Conditional formatting to color the text white if
the records do not meet some type of criteria.

Maybe post a sample of some data and which you would want printed.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 10:59:02 -0700, Nick Phillips
wrote:

I need to be able to set a a worksheet up that will display and then print
student records, like you would in a mail merge, but using conditional
formatting in excel. Or is there a way of using conditional formatting in
word

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tried the mail merge in word - doesn't give me the information I want. I
want to use the arrows in conditional formatting. What i would like to do is
automate a routine that would scrool through students records and print them
out to a PDF writer for staff to use in interviews.

wrote:

I need to be able to set a a worksheet up that will display and then print
student records, like you would in a mail merge, but using conditional
formatting in excel. Or is there a way of using conditional formatting in
word

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are no arrows in conditional formatting ubless that is a feature of
Excel 2007 which I do not have installed.

CF just changes the display of the cells.

i.e. colors them or puts a border around.

I still think DataFilterAutofilter would do the job.

You probably could automate it using VBA if you want to go that far.

Try Ron de Bruin's EasyFilter add-in.

More versatile than the built-in filter.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

Gord