Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I add quote marks around cell contents?

I have a number of cells, that I need to place quote marks around. e.g. I
need 10-22 to read as "10-22"

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the cells are contiguous, say in range A2:A10, then create a helper column
(say B) with the formula =""""&A2&"""" in B2 and copy down to B10 (that's
FOUR double quotes front and back).
Now select B2:B10, copy, select A2, Paste Special, Values. Delete the helper
column.
Similarly, for cells in a row, create a helper row with formulas as above
and copy/paste special.
--
TedMi

"Shotsy" wrote:

I have a number of cells, that I need to place quote marks around. e.g. I
need 10-22 to read as "10-22"

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have 10-22 in A1, then you could use this:

=CHAR(34)&A1&CHAR(34)

then copy down as required.

You could fix the values then copy back over the original data if required.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Shotsy" wrote in message
I have a number of cells, that I need to place quote marks around. e.g. I
need 10-22 to read as "10-22"

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Thank you.