-   -   Name conflict (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/205041-name-conflict.html)

smaruzzi

Name conflict

When I save my XLS a dialog box appears indicating the name a1 is in conflict
with a valid range reference or is invalid.

How can I remove this error?

Thanks, Stefano

Dave Peterson

Name conflict

Change the name to something else. Maybe _a1

A1 looks like the address of a cell so you can't use that.

--

Dave Peterson

smaruzzi

Name conflict

Dave,

the point is I'm not using A1 anywhere.

Thanks, Stefano

smaruzzi wrote:

When I save my XLS a dialog box appears indicating the name a1 is in conflict
with a valid range reference or is invalid.

How can I remove this error?

Thanks, Stefano

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Name conflict

You may not think you are, but excel does. And excel wins all ties!

Get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name
Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

It'll help you find names--even hidden ones!