Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default macro does not assign to menu?

I cannot get a macro to assign to atoolbar button. I know how to do it and it
works on my computer at work and used to work on my home computer. When I
click on the button the assign macro menu opens and if I click on the macro
from the list it closes and does not run ? Also my personal woorkbook does
not open when I start excel but does open when I run a previously assigned
macro contained in it ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Since you have left a few steps out of your description of what you are
doing, just to make sure, you should be
1. Choosing View, Toolbars, Customize
2. Right-click the custom button on the toolbar and choose Assign Macro.
3. Pick the macro and click OK, then Close.

4. Now try to run the macro.

your second question suggests that the Personal Macro Workbook is no longer
stored in the correct \XLStart folder. To find out where it is run the other
macro that you mentioned opened it. Choose the command Window, Unhide and
pick the Personal.xls file.
Choose the command File, Properties, Select the General tab and note the
Location. If the location is too long to display drag through it, that will
let you see a portion at a time.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Robert24" wrote:

I cannot get a macro to assign to atoolbar button. I know how to do it and it
works on my computer at work and used to work on my home computer. When I
click on the button the assign macro menu opens and if I click on the macro
from the list it closes and does not run ? Also my personal woorkbook does
not open when I start excel but does open when I run a previously assigned
macro contained in it ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Shane

I think the personal file was corrupted in someway. I saved as "Persoanl2"
in xlstart directory and it now seems to work.Not sure how but it works and I
may never know. thank you for your reply, it was most kinfd of you