Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hidden Tabs in a Workbook

There are several hidden tabs in the workbook I am attempting to salvage from
a crash that I cannot access. I can 12 tabs, and know there are 17 based on
the =INFO("numfile") expression I added to one of the open tabs. The problem
is that the file has no passwords on it, and neither does the workbook. When
I try to use the VBA editor in explorer mode I am getting asked for a
password which I do not know. I know the name of one of the tabs as it is in
a formula, and data is getting pulled from the tab. I just cannot get to the
tabs to change the information let alone see if it is all correct.

Is there something like a password breaker similar to the the one on
www.straxx.com or am I up the creek on this?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the workbook's structure isn't protected, maybe you can run this macro. Just
put it in a different workbook's project.

It uses the active workbook, so make sure you activate the problem workbook
before hitting alt-f8 and running this code.

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
dim sh as object
for each sh in activeworkbook.sheets
sh.visible = xlsheetvisible
next sh
end sub

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Very simple:

Add the following code to a different workbook:

Sub makevisible()
For Each sh In Worksheets
sh.Visible = True
Next sh
End Sub

then move to the workbook with hidden sheet and run it.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Danob" wrote:

There are several hidden tabs in the workbook I am attempting to salvage from
a crash that I cannot access. I can 12 tabs, and know there are 17 based on
the =INFO("numfile") expression I added to one of the open tabs. The problem
is that the file has no passwords on it, and neither does the workbook. When
I try to use the VBA editor in explorer mode I am getting asked for a
password which I do not know. I know the name of one of the tabs as it is in
a formula, and data is getting pulled from the tab. I just cannot get to the
tabs to change the information let alone see if it is all correct.

Is there something like a password breaker similar to the the one on
www.straxx.com or am I up the creek on this?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Forgive me, but we hardly use VB, Scripts or Marcos where work. They tend to
just screw things up things. So where would I put this code...assume I am a
complete dummy...lol Which for scripts etc. I am.

Thanks

"Danob" wrote:

There are several hidden tabs in the workbook I am attempting to salvage from
a crash that I cannot access. I can 12 tabs, and know there are 17 based on
the =INFO("numfile") expression I added to one of the open tabs. The problem
is that the file has no passwords on it, and neither does the workbook. When
I try to use the VBA editor in explorer mode I am getting asked for a
password which I do not know. I know the name of one of the tabs as it is in
a formula, and data is getting pulled from the tab. I just cannot get to the
tabs to change the information let alone see if it is all correct.

Is there something like a password breaker similar to the the one on
www.straxx.com or am I up the creek on this?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is this a real old workbook? Maybe created in xl95?

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but it this was created in xl95, then all
your macros were created in macro sheets--not VBE modules.

I think that excel is counting those macro sheets (now converted to modules) as
sheets.