Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Link update prompt not working

Running Excel 07 on XP SP2. My workbooks are automatically updating from
external links despite being set to prompt before updating in
Options-Advanced. Is this a problem with XL or is there a fix? I got burned
when someone else opened one of the workbooks and old data was overwritten
despite my assumed precautions. Thanks for all help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In 2003, I'd suggest trying this.

Tools - Options - General - WebOptions - Files - Unselect Update Links
on Save

I don't have access to 2007 here, so am not sure what to tell you to try.
I'll check in the AM when I'm in the office and let you know what I find.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.