Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with Formula

I have a column that each cell ends with the word "Total". I need to convert
that column to remove that word from each cell. If I need to add a column to
do that, that's fine, I just cannot figure out how. Can anyone help me on
this one?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about just selecting the column and using Edit|replace

What: Total (or spacebar total???)
with: (leave blank)
replace all

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

cware,

There are a couple ways to do this. If you are looking to just remove the
word "Total", do a simple Replace (EditReplace) For:Total To:<nothing.

Or formulaically:
=TRIM(LEFT(A1,(LEN(A1)-5)))

Trim will remove any additional spaces.

--
--Thomas [PBD]
Working hard to make working easy.

"cware" wrote:

I have a column that each cell ends with the word "Total". I need to convert
that column to remove that word from each cell. If I need to add a column to
do that, that's fine, I just cannot figure out how. Can anyone help me on
this one?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

select the column then
Edit|Replace
Enter Total in the 'Find what' box and leave the other box blank
Click replace all

Mike

"cware" wrote:

I have a column that each cell ends with the word "Total". I need to convert
that column to remove that word from each cell. If I need to add a column to
do that, that's fine, I just cannot figure out how. Can anyone help me on
this one?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

in an adjacent column
=--(TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Total","")))
Copy down as required
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"cware" wrote in message
I have a column that each cell ends with the word "Total". I need to
convert
that column to remove that word from each cell. If I need to add a column
do that, that's fine, I just cannot figure out how. Can anyone help me on
this one?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

EditReplace