Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combining Functions

Is there a way to combine the "IF" function and the "AND" function in one
formula, when I want to return a value from another cell as opposed to a
"true" or "false", is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What is put between the commas is what is shown.

If( TEST, value if true, value if false)

MikeM wrote:

Is there a way to combine the "IF" function and the "AND" function in one
formula, when I want to return a value from another cell as opposed to a
"true" or "false", is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(AND(C2=0,D2=0,E2=0),C10,C11)

That will return the value in cell C10 if C2,D2 and E2 all equal 0,
otherwise it will return the value in cell C11. If you intend to copy this
formula down a list for example but it should always equal the same cell you
need to add $ signs to the references, like:

=IF(AND(C2=0,D2=0,E2=0),$C$10,$C$11)

If you were to copy this down then the cells to be checked would change to
C,D and E3 respectively but the figure returned would always be C10 or C11.

Hope that helps.

"MikeM" wrote:

Is there a way to combine the "IF" function and the "AND" function in one
formula, when I want to return a value from another cell as opposed to a
"true" or "false", is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
your information is sketchy so the answer may seem just as vague.

but yes there is a way.....

=if(and(condition1,conditon2),I81, I812)

regards
FSt1