Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Print 1 tall/1 wide won't expand out to margins

When I choose print 1 tall x 1 wide, the print does not expand out to fit the
margins. The entire printed area does not expand out to either the sides or
top/bottom margins. If I choose some % of size instead, it breaks my
spreadsheet into several pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

avbs,

The reason this happens is because Excel will autofit the criteria to the
page, stating that it will reduce the size to 10% if necessary so that "all
data" will fit on the page. Therefore, the data will be smaller than the
actual page size in most instances, it won't fit to the margins.

Say you have 30 columns, and 50 rows. The difference between the two is not
a perfect rectangle, so Excel will shrink this to fit inside the page size.
In this case, half of the page on an 8.5x11 will be blank. If you adjust
this to fit on a 8.5x14 page, the information fills about 75%. It is all
relative to the resolution size of the page and data. You cant fit a smaller
rectangle perfectly into a larger one without some work.

--
--Thomas [PBD]
Working hard to make working easy.