Dave

Default auto sort?

Is there any way to make a dated entry insert itself in the worksheet in the
correct order without doing a sort operation, or inserting a new row?
would be a big help for my reservations workbook
thanks

Sunil Jayakumar

You could try the worksheet change event:

<<Sort Code
End Sub

This should re-sort your selection everytime the worksheet changes.

Hope this helps

Sunil Jayakumar

"Dave" wrote in message
Is there any way to make a dated entry insert itself in the worksheet in
the correct order without doing a sort operation, or inserting a new row?
would be a big help for my reservations workbook
thanks

www.ayyoo.com/poker.html

Sunil Jayakumar

Hi Dave,

That code would need to be placed in the relevant worksheet - not in a
separate module.

Also, I think you would probably need to paste in all that data, as it would
trigger on the first entry - so as soon as you'd inserted the data,
basically.

Do try this, and let me knowif it works.

Sunil Jayakumar

"Dave" wrote in message
Is there any way to make a dated entry insert itself in the worksheet
in the correct order without doing a sort operation, or inserting a new
row?
would be a big help for my reservations workbook
thanks

www.ayyoo.com/poker.html

Dave

thankyou
I pasted exactly what you posted into the worksheet ( right click sheet tab,
viewcode, )
but when I enter any data I get "compile error / syntax error "
i am not sure I am doing the right thing :(